The world of messaging has evolved a lot in the recent years. The modern messengers not only allow you to send text messages, but you also have an option to connect with your friends via voice and video calls. Not only this, there are wide range of emoctions available in the messengers to share your message across in a funky manner.
However, it seems that this is just the start. The messengers are striving to make themselves better by introducing exciting features. Furthermore, there’s seems like a tough competition among the different messengers, so each one of the app is trying to introduce out of the box features to create a ‘wow’ factor.
Whatsapp is one of the most popular messengers that is available in the Smartphones today. Although there are several other messengers available, users prefer using Whatsapp due to its simpler interface. Whatsapp application allow users to place voice calls, video chatting and off course, the textual chatting. In addition to the emoctions, this application has now got a very exciting feature whereby you can send animated GIF images to your friends.
There is a big repository of funky GIF images available in Whatsapp, however not everyone knows about it. While we don’t know the exact reason, but the feature is somewhat kept hidden by the application. Probably to keep the size of the application under control? In any case, by using this feature, you can not only send the GIF images to your friends, but you can also set animated images as your status. Today, we’re going to share the steps, for both the android and iPhone, to help you using this feature.
How to Send GIF on Android
If you’re an android phone user, here’s what you need to do.
- First of all, install Whatsapp’s latest version on your android phone.
- Open the chat window of your friend, whom you wish to send the GIF to.
- Click on the emoction option, on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Here you’ll see yellow colored emoctions. Shift your focus towards the bottom and you’ll see ‘GIF’.
- Finally, touch the ‘GIF’ option and you’ll be routed to the dozens of animated images that you can share with your friends.
How to Send GIF on iPhone
To explore sending GIF using iPhone, follow the below steps.
- First of all, install Whatsapp if your phone doesn’t have this app already.
- Next, open your friend’s chat window to share the GIF image.
- Click on the ‘+’ sign on the bottom left of your phone screen.
- Select the option that says ‘Photo and Video Library’.
- Once you’re navigated to the Photo and Video Library, look at the bottom of the screen to find a magnifying glass with a GIF written next to it. Touch that option.
- You’ll be routed to all the available GIF that you can share with your friends.
Setting GIF as your Status on Whatsapp
In addition, you have an option to select any GIF image as your Whatsapp Status. Pretty amazing… isn’t it?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the ‘Status’ Option, of Whatsapp (a button at the bottom that looks like circle)
- Here, you’ll an option saying ‘My Status’.
- Click on it. Your whatsapp will open your gallery.
- Here you can select any photo or GIF (see the bottom of the screen for the option)
- Select your desired GIF to set the animated image as your Status.
Selecting the GIF as per your mood
Furthermore, you can search the animated image as per your mood. There is a search bar on the top of the GIF gallery. Here you can type the keyword that you’re trying to find the GIF for.
For example, if you are looking for ‘Funny’ images, just type Funny and all the related GIF will appear on your screen. You can easily choose the one that you wish to send.